Hey, there! Welcome to Milk Glass Home!
This is a sustainable living blog that helps beginners take baby steps to live more sustainably.
We focus on the home: cooking from scratch, non-toxic cleaning, going zero waste, and simple living.
Our goal is to help people take a step away from the consumer culture and find simple, plastic-free or low waste alternatives that really work and save some money.
All of this helps our readers live simple sustainable lives. They don’t have to obsess about researching product ingredients or find the next new thing because they’re armed with simple, realistic tools that help them reduce their waste and care for their home with ease.
We love to collaborate! There are several ways we can work together and we’ll go over all of those here on our Work With Us page.
Brand Collaboration & Sponsored Posts
Are you the representative of an eco-friendly brand or product? We are very selective about the brands we will work with and only recommend products we truly believe are sustainable, affordable solutions for our readers.
We prefer products & brands with these traits:
- Plastic-free products
- Refillable packaging
- Made to last/buy it for life
- Lifetime warranties
- Made in the US
- Incorporate recycled materials
- Biodegradable and compostable
- Fragrance-free or naturally scented with essential oils
- Small businesses or B Corps
- Carbon neutral shipping & packaging
- Sustainable replacements for disposable products
Since we often write about sustainable solutions around the home, we are always looking for brands that simplify life for our readers. We love finding brands that really get it and make going zero waste or low waste as easy as possible.
Freelance Blog Content
The writer behind Milk Glass Home, Rachael, is an experienced freelance writer available to write for other blogs or brands in the sustainable living and education niches. If you’d like Rachael to guest post for your blog or would like to hire her to write for your brand, reach out via the Connect page.
Sustainable Living Guest Posts
If you’re a fellow blogger and are hoping to broaden your outreach, we’d love to talk to you about guest posting!
We are pretty strict about the quality of content we will post, so please do not send us a completed post without prompting. We would prefer to work together to determine a keyword focus to make sure your post fits within our content planning tools.
Guest Post Topics:
- Sustainable living
- Going zero waste or low waste
- Switching to plastic-free packaging
- Buying in bulk
- Setting up a real food pantry
- Cooking from scratch
- Purchasing organic food & meat online
- Frugal sustainable living
- From scratch recipes & DIYs
- All-natural cleaning solutions
- Home organization & cleaning tips
- Seasonal living
- Food preservation
- Simple living (slowing down, self-care routines, intentional living)
If you would like to pitch a guest post idea, please reach out through our Connect page!