Sustainable living is not just good for the planet…it’s better for your own physical health and can often save you money, too!
There are so many layers to sustainable living from trying to figure out which products are safe to use, learning how to make the most of the items you already have, and learning how to spot greenwashing from a mile away.
At Milk Glass Home, we advocate for a low waste lifestyle. You’ll see the term zero waste on many posts, but that can be way too strict and limiting for many people.
Ready to jump into a sustainable lifestyle?
There are so many ways to reduce your waste. Let’s build some new habits & develop some self-sufficiency at the same time.
Reduce Your Waste
- Learn how to set up a zero waste kitchen
- Choose from these 10 ways to be sustainable everyday
- Try these 60+ easy zero waste swaps for beginners
- Save your money & reduce your food waste with these 80+ frugal food hacks
- Figure out which plastics are safe to use & get a free safe plastic numbers chart
Be More Self-Sufficient
- Try these Apartment Homesteading tips to be more self-sufficient in any space
- Learn how to use a kitchen compost bin to deal with food scraps
- Grow your own food; try these best plants for beginner gardeners
Set up a Non-Toxic Home
- Check out my favorite eco-friendly cleaning concentrate in this Sal Suds review
- Try these zero waste cleaning swaps to ditch the toxins
- Learn how to make your own products like this DIY toilet spray and zero waste toilet cleaner
- Find safe swaps for your nontoxic lifestyle like stainless steel vs ceramic cookware
- Visit my Green Mattress Guide to find the best ecofriendly mattress for your budget